Who We Are
Hi, I’m Kevin Donlin, the man behind Client Cloning Systems.
Since 1998, my team and I have helped more than 1,270 entrepreneurs and business owners get more clients like their best clients.
But who the heck am I?
And why does it matter for you?
- write direct mail, web pages, emails, print ads and other promotions for consultants, professional service firms, advisors and other smart entrepreneurs
- have been marketing online since 1994, when I sold one of the first ebooks, "How to Find a Job on the Internet"
- was Webmaster for FedEx.com from 1995 to 1998, where I worked with the pioneers of online marketing
- got a refrigerator in the mail from Google after spending my first $100,000 on AdWords ads (photo at bottom) -- you can't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on Google AdWords unless those ads are making a LOT of money
- am author of the books, 21 Quick Ways to Get More Clients and Marketing Multipliers, available on Amazon and in major bookstores
- have been interviewed on marketing topics by Fox 9 News (photo below), ABC-TV Detroit (photo below), NBC-TV, CBS Radio, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fortune magazine, Entrepreneur magazine, and many other media
- was featured in Dan Kennedy's book, No BS Branding, with 2 of my sales letters and success stories from 3 of my clients
My sales letter on page 119 of the book, No BS Branding, by Dan Kennedy (the big guy)
Interviewed live on Fox 9 News, Minneapolis-St. Paul
Interviewed live on ABC-TV Detroit, during my "Sigmund Freud" phase
I play center field, and sometimes score, for the Minnesota state champion baseball team :-)
Why should you care about all this?
You can trust me to quickly understand your clients and your business, because I can make a personal connection with almost anybody. That’s because I’ve worked as a baseball groundskeeper, cashier, dishwasher, factory laborer, guitar player, landscaper, marketing copywriter, paper boy, record store manager, resume writer, teacher, textbook writer, warehouse worker, and webmaster, among others.
You can trust me to quickly learn the language of your market, because I’ve studied German, Greek, Irish, Japanese, Latin, Russian, and Spanish. I can talk to anyone about anything.
When you work with me, you work with a pro who "gets" client service, not some temperamental flake. That’s because I lived and worked in Japan for 2.5 years, where the customer is not king -- the customer is GOD.
You benefit from my lifelong LOVE of learning, which keeps me up-to-date on marketing. That’s because I was a National Merit Scholar at Michigan State University and have since invested over $150,000 in seminars and courses.
You benefit from my competitive nature. I HATE to lose, which makes me fanatical about improving your marketing. Proof: I still play baseball, at age 54, for the St. Louis Park Bees, a team that’s been state champions 7 of the last 9 years (photo above). If I weren’t hyper-competitive, I’d play softball.
... and I still have that refrigerator Google sent me. It's stocked with Red Bull.
Now, before you go ...